International competition in motocross was, once again, an extremely successful exercise for Talon this past weekend. What went on in the United Kingdom, United States and Czech Republic? Well, we’ll run through some of the most intriguing points.
- Following a brief break, the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series raged on this past weekend. Rain created extremely taxing conditions at Millville, a circuit in Minnesota, but Talon’s Zach Osborne made the best of the situation to salvage third overall. An 8-1 scorecard led him to that finish. #16 now leads the series standings by the incredible margin of forty-three points.
- Of all the Talon riders in attendance at Millville, Dean Wilson had the best overall ranking. A pair of consistent motos, in which he claimed third each time, left him second overall on the day and helped him jump to fourth in the championship. Wilson’s 450MX teammate, Jason Anderson, withdrew from the event due to injuries that were sustained earlier this week.
- Blake Baggett is still attempting to overcome the thumb injury that he unfortunately sustained at Red Bud, but put in a valiant effort at round eight to keep himself in the title hunt. A 2-6 scorecard left him in fourth overall on the day and ensured that he lost just a single point to his title rival. The title race rages on next weekend at Washougal!
- Two more riders ensured that Talon wheels were present inside of the top ten in the 450MX division. Justin Barcia (5-8) and Martin Davalos (11-4) finished sixth and seventh respectively. Both riders actually matched their season-best finishes at the event and are now separated by just two points in the standings.
- A tip of the hat to the remaining two riders on Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM. Dakota Alix, who is contesting the 450MX division for the first time this season, had yet another consistent day en route to a fifteenth and twelfth in the two motos. Benny Bloss, on the other hand, returned from a dislocated shoulder and immediately entered the top twenty with a fourteenth in moto one.
- It was a big weekend for Arnaud Tonus and the Wilvo Yamaha MXGP outfit, as his Talon wheels were attached to a 2018 YZ450F. Tonus had a consistent outing, which left him eighth overall on the day, and has not dropped outside of the top ten in a moto since the Grand Prix of Germany in May! That is an impressive streak.
- The Talon riders in Britain had their weekend come to a premature halt, unfortunately, as rain caused the track to turn into a quagmire. The riders in the Talon MXY2 division had enough time to contest two motos, however, and Jake Parker tied for the overall aboard his D.S.C Cornwall Kawasaki! Lewis Hall was unbeaten entering the event and actually won the first moto, but succumbed to the conditions in the final encounter.
Words: Lewis Phillips | Lead Image: Sean Ogden