International competition in motocross was, once again, an extremely successful exercise for Talon this past weekend. What went on in the United Kingdom and Canada? Well, we’ll run through some of the most intriguing points.
- Graeme Irwin continues to impress and lead the Talon charge in the Maxxis British Championship. The Buildbase Honda rider, who now leads the championship standings by fifty-two points, has swept the last three rounds! Six consecutive moto wins have been acquired, if you have lost track.
- Just how consistent has Graeme Irwin been thus far this season? ‘5’ has won six motos, finished on the podium in nine of them and not dropped out of the top five at all! That is simply phenomenal. Congratulations on all of the success, Graeme Irwin and Buildbase Honda!
- Brad Anderson is currently leading the EMX300 series at an international level and is now closing in on the top two in the Maxxis British Championship too. Following a 2-3 scorecard at Blaxhall, ‘60’ is now just fifteen points down on the rider in second in the championship standings.
- Congratulations to Dan Thornhill, who acquired a season-best moto finish on Sunday, and the Talon-supported Cab Screens Husqvarna team! Thornhill charged from eighth to fifth in the first of two MX1 encounters, much to the delight of his fans, and backed that up with an eighth in the final outing. Thornhill now sits tenth in the championship standings.
- How many Talon riders are currently inside of the top ten with Dan Thornhill, I hear you ask? Five more guys are right in the thick of the championship chase. A tip of the hat to Jake Shipton too, who is just outside of the top ten in eleventh.
- Talon riders enjoyed plenty of success in the MX2 division also. Martin Barr, the second rider beneath the Buildbase Honda awning, recorded a 6-3 scorecard at Blaxhall for fifth overall on the day. The thirty-five points that he acquired helped the Irishman to maintain his position in the championship standings.
- Meanwhile, over in Canada, Christophe Pourcel continues to charge towards the MX1 title. Although a 4-1 scorecard meant that he narrowly missed out on the overall at Bon-Conseil, a new circuit on the calendar, he did gain ground in the standings. ‘377’ now trails Matt Goerke by just eight measly points.
- An eventful weekend awaits Talon riders and teams around the world. The FIM Motocross World Championship will resume in the Czech Republic, the eighth round of Lucas Oil Pro Motocross will take place at Millville, the British riders will head to Canada Heights for the Michelin MX Nationals and the seventh round will take place up in Canada!
Words: Lewis Phillips | Lead Image: Husqvarna/Simon Cudby